What are dentures?
Dentures are removable prosthetic teeth that replace missing teeth and help restore your smile and allow you to bite and chew with confidence. If you’ve lost some or all of your natural teeth, whether from gum disease, tooth decay or injury, replacing missing teeth will benefit your appearance and your health.
Top 3 Benefits of Dentures:
- Better Enunciation + Improved Bite: If you are missing teeth, dentures make it easier to eat and speak properly.
- A More Youthful Look! Often times, when there are no teeth to support your cheeks – facial muscles can begin to weaken causing your face to sag. Dentures fill out the appearance of your face and profile – making you look younger.
- A Perfectly Blended Smile: Sometimes it’s just the upper row of teeth that need to be replaced. Dentures can be made to closely resemble your natural teeth so that your appearance does not change.
What kinds of Dentures are there?
There are two kinds of dentures: Full vs. Partials
- Full dentures are designed to replace all of your teeth on the entire dental arch. A full denture is held in place by latching onto the existing gum tissue and jawbone structure that remains. The stability of the denture can be improved through the use of dental adhesives. If you have lost most or all of your teeth you are an ideal candidate for full dentures.
- Partial dentures replace multiple missing teeth in a patient’s mouth if missing teeth are all in a row. They also stay in place the same way – with dental adhesives.