Terrified of the dentist? Have no Fear!
According to the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation 30% of Americans avoid the dentist due to fear. Sedation dentistry allows patients that previously avoided the dentist altogether out of fear or a desire to avoid discomfort, get the dental treatment they need. Oral conscious sedation continues to rise in popularity as more and more patients learn about the anxiety free benefits of this type of treatment.
Top Benefits of Sedation Dentistry:
- A more relaxed experience
- Increased comfort as you will not feel anything
- Gag reflex – don’t even worry about it.
- Little or no memory of the treatment – it’s like it didn’t happen.
How will I be sedated?
- Oral Sedatives- prescribed anti-anxiety medications that are given prior to treatment
- IV Sedation- an injection of local anesthetic administered by the dentist at time of procedure
- Nitrous Oxide- also know as laughing gas, is an inhalation sedative that induces relaxation
- General Anesthesia- an anesthetic that causes unconsciousness
You’re Not Alone
Talk to your dentist about your concerns, together you can decide on the best treatment for you. Years of research have been dedicated to studying and finding methods to alleviate pain and anxiety. There are safe options available to ensure a positive and painless experience. Oral sedation allows you to relax both your mind and body, and focus on a bright healthy smile.