To start, what are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is surgically anchored into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place. Implants don’t rely on neighboring teeth for support, they are permanent and stable; implants look and feel like natural teeth making the ideal replacement.
Top 8 Benefits Of Dental Implants over Dentures:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. They’re designed to fuse with the bone and are permanent.
- Improved Speech: Dentures can slip in your mouth causing you to mumble your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry of sounding jumbled.
- Improved Comfort: They are a part of you; implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Eating is No Longer a Challenge: When dentures slide they make it impossible to eat. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem: Dental implants provide you with a winning smile and improve confidence.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: In the months following surgery, the implant will fuse to the gums becoming a permanent fixture in your mouth, unlike dentures. A titanium screw mimics your natural tooth root providing strength and stability.
- Convenience: Dentures are removable, but what a hassle. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
If you’re considering dental implants, which have a 98% success rate, contact your dentist to develop a dental care plan.